Suitable for key stages one and two
Focuses on sea turtles, with optional links to links to literacy activities – letter and story writing
Nursery or reception age – discuss the turtle facts (with props) and read Follow the Moon Home by Philippe Cousteau, Deborough Hopkinson and Meilo So
- Turtles are reptiles. They are cold blooded.
- Turtles have a hard shell that protects them like a shield.
- Many turtles can hide their heads inside their shells.
- Turtles have existed for around 215 million years.
- The largest turtle is the leatherback sea turtle.
- Turtles lay eggs. Some turtles lay eggs in the sand and leave them to hatch on their own. The young turtles make their way to the top of the sand and scramble to the water while trying to avoid predators.
- Many turtle species are endangered.http://broodleroo.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Turtles-ppt.pptx